RSU23 Content

Free and Reduced Application

Free and Reduced Applications are privately processed to determine if your family is eligible for meal benefits. If your student does qualify for Free or Reduced meals, a letter explaining your child’s eligibility will be sent to your home (please note: letters are not allowed to be sent electronically). Free and Reduced Meal status information is completely confidential and in no way will your child be singled out if they are receiving benefits. Students on Free and Reduced meal benefits receive their meals in the exact same manner as any other child. Please note: If your child does receive Free or Reduced meal benefits, please save a copy of your letter stating your child’s eligibility. This letter may be used to waive SAT fees and college application fees. For 6th -12th grade students, it may also be used to lessen your Device Responsibility Payment.


In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity. Program information may be made available in languages other than English.  Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication to obtain program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language), should contact the responsible State or local Agency that administers the program or USDA’s TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. To file a program discrimination complaint, a Complainant should complete a Form AD-3027, USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form which can be obtained online at:, from any USDA office, by calling (866) 632-9992, or by writing a letter addressed to USDA. The letter must contain the complainant’s name, address, telephone number, and a written description of the alleged discriminatory action in sufficient detail to inform the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights (ASCR) about the nature and date of an alleged civil rights violation. The completed AD-3027 form or letter must be submitted to USDA by:(1) mail:U.S. Department of Agriculture, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; or(2) fax:(833) 256-1665 or (202) 690-7442; or(3) This institution is an equal opportunity provider.The Maine Human Rights Act prohibits discrimination because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, religion, ancestry or national origin. Complaints of discrimination must be filed at the office of the Maine Human Rights Commission, 51 State House Station, Augusta, Maine 04333-0051. If you wish to file a discrimination complaint electronically, visit the Human Rights Commission website at and complete an intake questionnaire. Maine is an equal opportunity provider and employer.